Our Curriculum Intent
We believe that every learner has potential and our purpose at IMPS is to create a learning environment which fosters motivation and aspiration and allows every student to flourish. Learning is at the centre of all that we do and we aim to encourage a commitment to learning that is not based solely on the acquisition of knowledge but on the development of skills, attributes and values needed to encourage life-long learning.
Through our Teaching and Learning strategy we aim to:
- Ensure that all teachers have bespoke Continuing Professional Development so that classroom practice is in line with the expectations for ‘outstanding’ lessons and that pedagogy is current and innovative
- Encourage reflection and refinement of teaching practice through accurate assessment which is the foundation for future planning and teaching
- Teach with common goals to ensure consistency across all curriculum areas
- Provide a framework to develop literacy, numeracy and metacognition skills across the curriculum
- Ensure that all teachers plan and deliver lessons which meet the needs of all students within the classroom
- Teach with high aspiration in a classroom environment which is positive, caring and committed to bringing about the best outcomes for all
- Develop autonomous learners who understand the importance of their education in achieving their life goals
- Develop learners who are engaged and enthusiastic who have a thirst for knowledge and challenge.