We would like to update you on our plans and preparations for any potential disruption to school arising from Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our top priority is always the health and safety of our students and staff. Schools have a very important role in keeping children safe and enabling others in our society who are in the front line of dealing with the virus to carry on their work. The government advice at the moment is to keep schools open.
As you will be aware, the advice about coronavirus is changing on a daily basis. We receive daily updates from Public Health England and the Department for Education and we continue to follow their advice in full.
- Our Trust and schools remain open - our plan is to continue to deliver outstanding teaching and learning in the communities we serve.
- We will continue our preparations in case teaching and learning activities need to be delivered differently going forward, in response to any changes in government guidance.
- We have taken the decision to postpone international educational visits, in line with government advice. We are currently working with our travel companies and insurers on next steps for those trips affected by this change.
- Please continue to follow national guidance - stay at home for fourteen days if you or someone in your household has either a high temperature or a new continuous cough.
- The best protection against the spread of coronavirus continues to be good hand hygiene practices.
- You can view the latest advice from the NHS here.
Across our schools, we are continuing to promote good personal hygiene and regular hand-washing with all students and staff. We have placed posters in key areas to remind us all to maintain good hygiene.
We have also developed plans for any changes to our normal ways of working. In the event of any closure, partial or full, we will send you a message via our established parent text messaging service. We will also put notifications on the school website.
We are now preparing to provide work for your children, in the event that we have to close the school for any length of time. This will draw on the excellent resources already used in our academies. If we have to use these arrangements, we will send out more detailed information via the communication methods outlined above.
For children who are in self isolation we will be putting together some resources for home working.
Here is the link http://www.deltatrust.org.uk/coronavirus-covid-19-update
We will be adding to these so please keep checking back.
We want to assure you that we are doing all we can to plan for all possible circumstances, and as the situation changes we will keep you updated.
We will continue to follow appropriate advice and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.