Healthy eating is important for everyone, especially children, to ensure that they receive all the nutrients they need to grow and develop. Eating well and being physically active will improve your children’s health as well as their ability to learn and achieve at school.
Encouraging children to eat healthily now will make them more likely to adopt a healthy lifestyle as they get older. Our catering manager with the support of her staff strive to deliver healthy eating options to both students and staff alike.
The Catering manager at Ingleby Manor School leads a team of catering assistants who deliver both breakfast and lunchtime offerings on a daily basis.
All food that is provided is created on site and not pre-packaged from an external supplier.
Breakfast - What is available?
Breakfast items are available before school and during morning break time. Below are some examples of options available.
- Cereal Bars
- Orange / Apple Juice
Lunch - What is available?
We have a variety of options available daily, consisting of a meat based option and a vegetarian option along with soup and salad.
Below are some examples of the food that we offer. A menu for each term is made available on the school website at the start of term. You read our Autumn menu in the document at the bottom of this page.
- Meat Dish (Lasagna, Curry, Chicken, Chilli, Fajitas)
- Vegetarian Dish (Veg Lasagna, Veg Curry, Quorn Sausages, Pasta, Veg burger)
- Vegtables & Sides (Peas, Carrots, Mash, Jacket Potato, Rice, Brocolli)
- Soup of the day
- Variety of Sandwiches
- Dessert (Tray bake Cake, Cheesecake, Cookie, Fruit, Doughnut, Flapjack)
Costs - How much do school meals cost?
Meals are currently charged based on:
- Hot Meal Main + Salad (optional) + Dessert - £2.50
- Grab & Go Meal (NEW) + Salad (optional) + Dessert - £2.50
- Individual Breakfast Item - 30p - £1.00 depending upon purchase
Payments - How do I pay for the food my child has in school?
- Ingleby Manor School use an online payment facility called ParentPay.
- Each child is allocated a ParentPay account when they join the school.
- Parents will be provided instructions of how to activate the account for their child.
- Once the account is activated then payments for school meals and other costs in school are to be paid via this system. Payments can be made through ParentPay by a credit or debit card.
- Ingleby Manor School use a biometric payment facility.
- On the first day, students will have their thumb print scanned which will link direct to their ParentPay account.
- Each time a student purchases food in school they will be required to scan their thumb and the appropriate payment will then be deducated from their account.
- It is a parents responsibility to ensure that there is money credited to their childs ParentPay account at all times to cover the cost of school meals being taken.
- Autumn Menu 2020-2021(77 KB)